Day job today but I did some tidying and fitting of the trailing edges.
Didn’t get any work done yesterday because I was prepping for my multi engine checkride in the Baron. Not too shabby 😉
I switched over to (mostly) getting the flaperon brackets done this morning.
BTW, the best thing for taking off those aweful stickers… WD-40. Sheesh
Flipped the wing back over to measure and cut the L angles that go in between the ribs on the bottom skin.
Not thrilled about the holes lining up in this skin. Going to try starting from this side and seeing how it works out.
Don’t want to forget these before I button this up:
That was a lot more rivets than I thought 🙂
Drilled out the spar holes and prepped the parts for cortec, applied it and it’s not ready for riveting.
Drilled out the template holes and tapped the bottom ones.
Working on the right wing spar, ribs and root pieces. Have I mentioned this week how much I hate the stickers on these parts?
Expanded a BUNCH of holes to 20, marked and deburred them. These still need to be disassembled before riveting for corrosion protection.
Also, this doesn’t fit…
I riveted quite a few parts today that hold the fuselage halves together. They’ve been clecoed a long time and I decided to put a ring on it 🙂
I’ve found the lack of documentation by Zenith in some parts to be really lacking. For example, for the whole wheel and brake assemblies, it says to “refer to the documentation that came with the Matco wheels and brakes.” This consists of parts list and some diagrams. To top it off, the gear gets in the way of the disk calipers and needs to be ground off. Arg.
The quality of the Zenith kit is pretty good, some parts like this make me want to throw something.