I have these brackets on the wrong side for the new door design. I did what I saw in Homebuilt help in this case even though I know better. As Jon says all the time “CHECK YOUR PLANS”.
These brackets really need to be powder coated, so I’m thinking of buying a coater and doing it myself.
Also got the nuts on top of the nose gear spring. Doesn’t make sense to adjust the tention here until the engine is mounted so I left it as a TODO item.
Finished the brackets, drilled and riveted them and it’s up on the main gear now.
I’m REALLY tight on space to get everything in my 20’x20′ garage. The only thing left in the crate now is the wing skins and spars.
Designing a sling for those now and then on to building some wings!
Also had a little but of a scare with the windshield. Looked like it had a big scratch in it. Julie and I pulled some of the protective film up and it turns out it’s just a scratch in the film. Phew.