Until I ran out of black clecos this time. They arrive Tuesday…
Got the nose skins all set up. Need more 3/32 clecos
Weeknights are a little at a time. Did the Wingtip L angles and drilled out the large A6 rivet holes that attach it.
Now to disassemble, apply cortec and rivet.
Flipped the wing back over to measure and cut the L angles that go in between the ribs on the bottom skin.
Not thrilled about the holes lining up in this skin. Going to try starting from this side and seeing how it works out.
Don’t want to forget these before I button this up:
Lots of skin work going on right now.
I bought a Hudly Wireless a few months ago and have been writing a display for it with a Raspberry Pi.
Last week I stumbled on John Marzulli’s presentation at Airventure on his build. Somehow I missed it when there this year, but luckily someone recorded it.
So I grabbed a PI off the shelf (I have 10 or so of them) and gave it a whirl.
The install was simple enough if you’re familiar with Linux.
It’s quite difficult to photograph a HUD, so I hooked it up to the TV in my office so you can see the interface more clearly.
Find the project here:
I forked the project and will be making a few modifications as I think of them. I’ll make those changes available to the main project if they’re interested in them.
My forked repo is here:
That was a lot more rivets than I thought 🙂
Cleaned up all of the junk and riveted half of the rear spar. Almost ready to skin the bottom
Drilled out the spar holes and prepped the parts for cortec, applied it and it’s not ready for riveting.
I have these brackets on the wrong side for the new door design. I did what I saw in Homebuilt help in this case even though I know better. As Jon says all the time “CHECK YOUR PLANS”.
These brackets really need to be powder coated, so I’m thinking of buying a coater and doing it myself.
Also got the nuts on top of the nose gear spring. Doesn’t make sense to adjust the tention here until the engine is mounted so I left it as a TODO item.